⅔ Cup Shortening
¾ Cup Sugar
1 Tsp. Vanilla
2 ¼ Cups Flour
1 Cup Quick Chocolate Flavored Mix
1 Tsp. Salt
½ Tsp. Baking Soda
1 Cup Milk
- Cream together shortening and sugar.
- Beat in egg and vanilla.
- Sift together flour, quick chocolate flavored mix, salt and baking soda.
- Stir in dry ingredients into creamed mixture alternately with milk.
- Drop by teaspoonfuls on greased cookie sheet.
- Bake in a moderately hot oven (400° F.) 8 minutes.
- Let stand on cookie sheet 2 to 3 minutes before removing.
- When cool, put cookies together with marshmallow filling.
- Makes approximately 6 dozen.
2 Cups Sifted Confectioner’s Sugar
2 Cups Marshmallow Cream
- Cream sugar and butter.
Stir in marshmallow cream until well blended.
- Cookie of the Day: Whoopie Pies with Salted Dulce de Leche (williams-sonoma.com)
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Whoopie Pies (cantstayoutofthekitchen.com)
- Catch Phrase and Sweet Potato Whoopie Pies (rachels-table.com)
- Homemade Oreo Cookies (andtheycookedhappilyeverafter.wordpress.com)
- S’more Whoopie Pies (collegiateculinaire.wordpress.com)
- German Gingerbread Whoopie Pies (hungrylittlegirl.com)
- Pumpkin Whoopie Pies (cantstayoutofthekitchen.com)
- Pilgrim Pies (spoonful.com)
- Whoopie Pies for Santa (norwizzle.com)
- Peppermint Whoopie Sandwiches – The Peppermint Brookie Pies are Gluten and Dairy-Free (TrendHunter.com) (trendhunter.com)