1 Cup Evaporated Milk
1 Cup Sugar
1 Tsp. Vanilla
1 ⅓ Cups Flaked Coconut
- Mix evaporated milk, sugar, egg yolks, butter and vanilla in small saucepan.
- Cook and stir over medium heat about 12 minutes or until thick.
- Stir in coconut and pecans.
- Beat until thick enough to spread.
- Frost cooled cake immediately. 2 ½ cups frosting.
High altitude: (5000 feet): substitute 3 eggs, beaten for egg yolks. Continue as directed except – cool until thick enough to spread (about 1 ½ hours).
- Coconut-Pecan Frosting (mybestcookbook.wordpress.com)
- Hazlenut Coconut Cookies (Sugar-Free) (tgipaleo.com)
- Homemade Gelato, Vanilla Gelato & Honey Gelato Recipe | Pottery Barn (potterybarn.com)
- Coconut Frosting (abeautifulmess.com)
- Strawberry French Toast & Custard French Toast | Pottery Barn (potterybarn.com)
- The Home Bakers #13: Dark Chocolate-Almond Cake (foodiebaker.com)
- Craving Comfort Food (acougarinthekitchen.com)
- German Chocolate Crazy Cake~~My Favorite German Dessert (lindermangenealogy.wordpress.com)
- Treat of the Week: German Chocolate Cake (todaysnest.typepad.com)
- Eggnog made right (toledoblade.com)