- Dipping frosting for plastic flowers.
2 C. Sugar
1 C. Water
⅛ Tsp. Cream of Tartar
1 to 1 ½ C. Sifted Confectioner’s Sugar
- Combine 2 C. sugar and 1 C. water and ⅛ Tsp. cream of tartar in saucepan.
- Cook to thread stage 226° F.
- Remove from heat and cool luke warm. (112° F.)
- Add confectioner’s sugar gradually stirring until smooth.
- Mixture should be of pouring consistency.
- Place over warm water to keep frosting at right consistency for dipping, if too hot, plastic flowers will soften.
- Decorate Cakes (familyrecipebooks.wordpress.com)
- Wilton Cake Decorating Basics Course: Part 2 – Lessons Learned! (twistedcheft.com)
- 6 Edible Flower Recipe Ideas (theflyingfugu.com)
- How to Save Money on Your Wedding (apartmentguide.com)
- Microplane kitchen tools came out of woodwork (courierpress.com)
- SMP at Home: Recipe for Holiday Success (stylemepretty.com)
- Fun and Flirty (sweetlystyledbysugarsugar.wordpress.com)
- Wilton Cake Decorating Basics Course: Part 1 – The Costs (twistedcheft.com)
- That Takes The Cake (cleverhand.wordpress.com)
- Orange Blossom Angel Food Cake with fresh whipped cream & strawberries (lucyparkinson.wordpress.com)